Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Elle Beauty Awards 2010

Elle is the one magazine that I have bought every month this year. I love its fashion focus and how the articles are intellectually written and never direct my attention to 'how to lose 7lbs in 7 days' or '10 steps to a happier me'. 2010 was the first year that they held Beauty Awards and they had my full attention. I don't know what it is, but I have a bit of an obsession with finding 'the best cleanser', 'the ultimate mascara', 'the miracle hair treatment' (so much more intelligent I know)... and I welcome the advice of any team of experts, who want to shorten my search.

Here are some of the winners that I'd like to try (and why)...

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

" I got my first taste of Clarins as a present from my parents 20 years ago and I kept adding more to my list. I was told about Beauty Flash Balm as a base to my foundation by a make-up artist in Paris. It glides on, absorbs instantly and leaves my skin refreshed and plumped. It's also perfect as a mask for tired skin. I apply a thick layer before a night out for a skin pick me up."
Lisa Snowdon, Presenter and Model.


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

"Cleanse and Polish is my all-time favourite cleanser. Its soothing and removes even the heaviest of make-up. The muslin cloth is great for added exfoliation"
Jemma Kidd, Make-up Artist




Nars, The Multiple

"I'd just got off a 17 hour flight and had to go straight to a shoot.
Luckily, Make-up Artist Craig Beaglehole was well used to jet lagged skin and produced a stick of Nars, The Multiple in Orgasm. Its perfect for giving a healthy SPA glow to stressed out skin. I always pack one now to give sheer, shimmering colour on eyes, cheeks, lips and more."
Liz Earle, Founder of Liz Earle Skincare.



Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment

" I went to Morocco last year and fell in love with Moroccan Oil hair products. They make my hair feel amazing without any build-up. I can use a small amount and my hair is soft and healthy all day long."
Bobbi Brown, Make-up Artist.




Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

" 2000 Calorie mascara changed my life. I never leave the house without putting it on, or I look like ET! Even though my beauty philospohy is simple- less is more- I still have to use a little 2000C."
Eve Lom, Founder Eve Lom Skincare.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Clarins BFB & Moroccanoi! My only tip is when using the Clarins BFB make sure your skin is damp first! I tend to apply it straight after spritzing with rosewater mist and then apply my foundation before the BFB has properly sinked in. I never use primers but I use this every time I'm heading out for a big night because it makes my skin look amazing and so luminous!

Thelma Frayne said...

Thanks for the tip!