Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks



Thanksgiving is still only celebrated as a real holiday in the U.S and Canada, which is a terrible shame since it is one of the only holidays that has not turned into a tinselly-twinkly-glittery commercial affair. It remains simple and true: Thanksgiving is a time to sit down and eat dinner with the people you love and to remember all the things you have to be thankful for. I think we should all celebrate thanksgiving.

Here are some of the things I am thankful for right now:
  • My family
  • Really good friends
  • Christmas being around the corner
  • Living in Galway, with the best housemate, in our lovely (if slightly disfunctional) apartment
  • Being able to keep warm in this chilly weather
  • This blog (my little outlet)
  • Having a job (albeit temporary) in a recession
  • Hot meals, and not needing to avail of government cheese handouts
  • My credit card
  • Home never feeling far away
  • That most of my worries can be eased with long chats and cups of tea

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! x

2 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Hello....I just stumbled on your blog link....really like your posts...those are awesome things to be grateful for...Im your newest follower:)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

Anonymous said...

Such lovely things to be thankful for! I am really excited because I am planning a trip back to the US in 2012, and I will be with my US based family at Thanksgiving! Which means BLACK FRIDAY shopping, and turkey feasts! And of course spending time with my family!