Friday, October 21, 2011

Best of… August 11

I am aware how far away from August we are at this stage, but months/ seasons are less important to me lately.  Here in Abu Dhabi, there are really only two seasons: Hot and Unbearably Hot.  My solution is to buy a bicycle, enticed by the possibility of a self-created breeze… and how pretty these girls look:

August HeyPrettyThing1

August Sart1

via Hey Pretty Thing and The Sartorialist

Why is it that ladies who ride bikes always look so beautiful?  Is that a universal law or something?  Like Tennis Players and Musicians.  Always attractive.  Why is that?

August NRC1

August Aqui3

via Aqui

Other summery looks I might still get away with include piling on tons of bracelets together, denim cut-off shorts (I’m still searching for the perfect pair), colour-blocking bright shades, mixing patterns and messy beachy hair.

August Hanelli1

August Thats Chic

August Aqui2

August Aqui1

via Hanelli, That’s Chic and Aqui

On the other hand, Rumi reminded me of all the things I miss wearing.  Leather and boots of any kind just don’t work in the desert.

August Rumi1

August Rumi2

August Rumi3

August Rumi4

via Fashion Toast

August HeyPrettyThing3

via Hey Pretty Thing

I spotted this on Hey Pretty Thing and a little gasp escaped me. I’ve wanted one of these since I was born (slight exaggeration).  Isn’t it so pretty? If anyone knows where I can purchase online, that will ship to either Ireland or the UAE, drop me a little mail. I would be eternally grateful. 

August VJ1

via Vanessa Jackman

9 comments:

Mighty Burns said...

we talking Jacket on that last one? I got an ADORABLE boyfriend blazer at forever 21. not sure what their shipping is like though? No one ever guesses it is from there either. its soo cute. and has held up really well too :)

oomph. said...

the ear cuff is really pretty! i bet you might find this on ebay or etsy. i'll keep my eyes open for something!

[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!

Nikki said...

I bought some coral/orangy/red lipstick for Paris...my coworkers can't handle it.

Anonymous said...

Best one yet!

Aquí said...

I LOVE the ear cuff! So adorable! Thank you soo much for all this love, so honored to be on here with so many stylish ladies!

Elisa ♥ said...

love it :D it's totally my style!

Ans said...

VERY INSPIRING EDITORIAL!!!
XXX

Katie*Belle said...

Gorgeous picks! I'm swooning over that colorblocked dress!

Thelma Frayne said...

Yeah I was talking about the ear cuff. If anyone sees one similar, let me know!