Monday, January 9, 2012

Pet Peeves (2)

I’m doing another one of these posts, in place of my monthly ‘Things to be Happy About’ post.  Because the last one was so well received.  And because its January, and don’t you hate those people who remind you of how  good you really have it, when you are trying to wallow in the January blues?  I don’t want to be one of those people.  So instead, here are some more of my pet peeves:

 

Drivers who neglect to use their indicator;  maps not folded back up correctly;  couples who own a dog together and refer to each other as Mummy and Daddy (actually any couples doing this);  people who sit next to you on the bus when there are other seats available;  when people wear shoes they can’t walk in;  alcohol pushers;  crumbs in the butter dish;  celebrities claiming to be environmentalists;  when the ice-cream drips out of the bottom of the cone;  when you open the DVD case and the wrong movie is inside;  when something you’ve been into for ages becomes ‘popular’;  having to use more than one remote control;  people who say ‘let there be light’ when flipping on a light switch;  the use of more than one exclamation mark;  Anyone who thanks God at award ceremonies;  shared arm-rests;  hair strands left on shower walls;  pointless weekly meetings;  websites with horizontal scrolling;  shopping trollies with a bad wheel.

6 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love those and agree with them too! xx

James said...

A second for "Pointless weekly meetings" and the people in these meetings who ask questions just to be heard/to show how important they are...its always the same people

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

ooooh, I share so many of these! But the creepiest is without a doubt people who tell their dog to "come to mommy - married or not". Ew.

Thelma Frayne said...

Oh yes James I am adding those people to my next list!

Unknown said...

Uh oh I think I may be guilty of being an alcohol pusher on occasion and have perhaps used more than one exclamation mark (the odd time, for emphasis!! Oops. See?!) but apart from my own misdemeanours I totally agree with everything else on your list. Don't hate me!

Thelma Frayne said...

Emma, the thing about these is that it is only annoying when someone else does it. I'm guilty of a few myself :)