Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Auguri!

Earlier this month, Damien and Fiona (my sister) got married in Taormina, Sicily.  It was the most beautiful day.  I’m going to share some pictures on here soon, but every time I look back through all the photos (which is often), there is one that always makes me smile:

P1100672

After the wedding ceremony, we drove around to a few picturesque locations in the town for photos.  The wedding car was a teeny Fiat 500 that could barely fit the newlyweds, me and the driver so my brother, Richie (who was also the photographer) had to jog alongside the car to each place.  As we motored through the narrow streets, all we could hear were shouts of Auguri! Auguri! from friendly passers-by.  It’s one of my warmest memories of the day.

8 comments:

Laura Bear said...

WOw sounds like a great day and what a beautiful place for a wedding. Looking forward to the pictures!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Can't wait to see pics!
Isn’t That Charming.

Unknown said...

I had to google what auguri meant (my Latin teacher would turn in her grave. If, er, she's actually in her grave) but that's so lovely! What a fantastic memory of the day xo

livlovelaugh said...

sounds so sweet and fun! I'd love to get married in an exotic place~

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

Gloria said...

This all sounds so fun and romantic! Can't wait to see pics!

miss b said...

I love memorable photos like this. Sounds like the perfect location for a wedding.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Thelma Frayne said...

Is it of Latin origin Emma? I'm learning too...

Unknown said...

What a magical place to have a wedding! I've been there before and it's gorgeous!

Glad you had so much fun!!
p.s. thanks for the comps on the photos!
xoxo